Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Changing the cockpit ....

A couple of weeks ago, I replaced the original handlebar with a straight one. The position of my hands on the bar ends is much better now and since the bar is straight, I have to reach more forward. It only took a few rides to get used to the new position and my speed is getting up to a point where I was on my regular road bike. And at the end of last week, I finally managed to get an average speed of 31 km/h after riding my Z Pro for 1,5 hour (only mild winds that day, but still .... ), I'm getting there !
Last weekend, I changed the medium handlebar riser with the curved riser. This way, the handlebar is positioned both up and forward a little. I rode my bike only 3 times so far in this set-up, but I like it so far. The curved riser allows me to ride the bike standing up, which I couldn't do in the past. It's still a strange feeling, riding this bike standing on the pedals, I guess it's gonna take quiet a few miles before I'll feel comfortable doing so .... The day before yesterday, I did a 50 mile ride with a friend of mine, who rides a regular road bike. It was pretty windy that day and since he's still recovering from a hernia and is building up, I took the lead with my Z Pro all the time. After 40 minutes he asked me to slow down, because I was riding too fast. Felt good though ;-) !
Almost every Friday, my collegues ( a group of die-hard roadies) ride together in the afternoon. I haven't participated with my Z Pro yet, since my speed wasn't up to my likings (meaning : tooooo slow). But next Friday, I think I'll join them again. There'll be plenty of commentaries on my CF bike, but at least I won't be the slowest of the pack !

No comments: