Monday, July 09, 2007

I've ridden my Z Pro a little over 1500 miles now and still like it very much. The only thing that still bothers me is the breaking of spokes in my rear wheel. I lost count of the numbers so far, but it's getting to a point that I'm considering getting myself a new pair of wheels (that would be my third !). I'm certainly not overweight, I'm well within the Z Pro's weight limit, but still ....
Although my bicycle repair shop told me it's the wheels and not the bike that is causing all these breaking of spokes, I still have my doubts. According to them, all wheel sets that look fast and have a small number of spokes, are having the same problem. Gee, if so, why are there so many nice looking wheelsets being made ?
Yesterday I was riding my Z Pro and after 15' I heard that dreadful "ping" sound again coming from the back. And yup, another spoke gone. While I was halfway between home and my bicycle shop I decided to ride to the bike shop since I brought in my other rear wheel for a spoke replacement earlier this week. Unfortunately, they didn't fix it yet since they ran out of stock on the straight spokes for that model. But they replaced the broken spoke of my Shimano WH-R550 rear wheel in a couple of minutes, so I could continue riding. Guess I'll have to look for some stronger wheels, let's get surfing the internet ....

No comments: