Saturday, November 04, 2006

Why ?

Why would anyone order a different kind of bike without even trying it ? Well, just as in 1999, there was no possibility to try one out when I ordered my Stratus frame set back then. I did a lot (and a mean a lot !) of reading about that wonderful bike before I ordered it, and I haven't regretted it for a day ! It was (and still is) my most favorite touring bike. The same thing here with the CF concept : there are simply no CF bikes available here in Europe, so before ordering one, I did a lot of reading about it: mostly on the internet and some in publications (very limited, I know). But the main reason for going for it anyway was a ride on my road bike a couple of weeks ago : after riding almost for 2 hours, feeling uncomfortable almost all the time and having stared only right in front of the front wheel, I decided that that was my last ride on the road bike. Period. So I ordered myself a CF frame set. Why the Zenetik Pro ? Very simple : since the Z Pro is the only bike that accepts 700C wheels, I can swap the components from my road bike to the Z Pro.
What I'm expecting from the Zenetik Pro ? Well, most of all : more comfort and more fun. I'm not worried about the comfort part : anything will be better than a regular saddle ! So, I might be little slower (I'll propably be anyway, but I don't care) and it'll take some time to get adjusted to the new riding position, but hey : that sounds like some kind of challenge to me ! Why the heck not ???
I'll keep things posted on this blog. Feel free to comment anytime.

No comments: